Karma backlash
Talk about a karma backlash. I have been meaning to post!!!! But got waylaid big time.
(warning.... loooong story ahead)
On Monday, Aug 8, I left the office in delirious glee...
Aug 9 was national day, and I had the rest of the week off!!!
Plus, on Aug 9, Inside Track was finally published. It was quite a wonderful thing really, to see three months of work, panic, sweat and tears finally come to fruition.
(Inside track was a 160... wait a 156 page supplement meant to be a comprehensive guide to Singapore that the bosses commissioned as a gift to the readers. Ad ratio was an unprecedented 22 per cent... most times it has to be 60 per cent... it also meant that we wrote REAMS and REAMS of stuff to fill the pages)
There were a couple of parties on Aug 8 and 9, where Gene served up his now famous/infamous vodka jellys... maybe he should think about giving them a name... like you know a Singapore Sling but less corny. Maybe a Gene-tai?
The Aug 9 one was a red and white party - no joke.
We served red and white food - spaghetti bolognaise, braised beef, luncheon meat fried with sambal, red and white sangrias (I made a jug for the first time myself and got the mix pretty much right... read as: guests were drinking it real fast without realising the amount of alcohol innit and getting mighty talkative and happy.)
And on Aug 10, me and good friend Ai-Lien went for facials and what not. Lots of girly fun, and that night, we had our first tasting for the wedding dinner.
Then on Aug 11, me and Gene headed off to Bangkok and the lap of luxury at The Peninsula. And did lots of shopping.
It was just too much fun, gaiety and joy.
There was bound to be a backlash and boy was there one.
On Sunday night, our flight - which was previously cancelled - was delayed! We only left BKK at 9 pm Singapore Time, and by the time we hit the bed, it was 1 am in the morning.
Getting to work the next day at 930 am was a futile effort.... opened eyes and whacked alarm off three times before thought percolated through sleepy brain: "OH CRAP, I'M LATE FOR WORK".
While I was driving into the parking lots, guess who was smoking and watching me park with a bemused but not-so-pleased smile? My big boss, B.
Cruds. I step out of the car rather sheepishly, and she says: "Ahem, just came in, dear?"
Ouch.
Fevered apologising and gabbing abt a late flight.
Half an hour later, I get arrowed for a huge story for a section we call Upfront. Which meant me leaving at 1130 pm that night.
And its not stopped since. Everyday of the week, I chased/wrote a story, on top of juggling two news series. wha liau, new meaning to running around like headless chicken man.
Cham man.
Hope it gets better.
(warning.... loooong story ahead)
On Monday, Aug 8, I left the office in delirious glee...
Aug 9 was national day, and I had the rest of the week off!!!
Plus, on Aug 9, Inside Track was finally published. It was quite a wonderful thing really, to see three months of work, panic, sweat and tears finally come to fruition.
(Inside track was a 160... wait a 156 page supplement meant to be a comprehensive guide to Singapore that the bosses commissioned as a gift to the readers. Ad ratio was an unprecedented 22 per cent... most times it has to be 60 per cent... it also meant that we wrote REAMS and REAMS of stuff to fill the pages)
There were a couple of parties on Aug 8 and 9, where Gene served up his now famous/infamous vodka jellys... maybe he should think about giving them a name... like you know a Singapore Sling but less corny. Maybe a Gene-tai?
The Aug 9 one was a red and white party - no joke.
We served red and white food - spaghetti bolognaise, braised beef, luncheon meat fried with sambal, red and white sangrias (I made a jug for the first time myself and got the mix pretty much right... read as: guests were drinking it real fast without realising the amount of alcohol innit and getting mighty talkative and happy.)
And on Aug 10, me and good friend Ai-Lien went for facials and what not. Lots of girly fun, and that night, we had our first tasting for the wedding dinner.
Then on Aug 11, me and Gene headed off to Bangkok and the lap of luxury at The Peninsula. And did lots of shopping.
It was just too much fun, gaiety and joy.
There was bound to be a backlash and boy was there one.
On Sunday night, our flight - which was previously cancelled - was delayed! We only left BKK at 9 pm Singapore Time, and by the time we hit the bed, it was 1 am in the morning.
Getting to work the next day at 930 am was a futile effort.... opened eyes and whacked alarm off three times before thought percolated through sleepy brain: "OH CRAP, I'M LATE FOR WORK".
While I was driving into the parking lots, guess who was smoking and watching me park with a bemused but not-so-pleased smile? My big boss, B.
Cruds. I step out of the car rather sheepishly, and she says: "Ahem, just came in, dear?"
Ouch.
Fevered apologising and gabbing abt a late flight.
Half an hour later, I get arrowed for a huge story for a section we call Upfront. Which meant me leaving at 1130 pm that night.
And its not stopped since. Everyday of the week, I chased/wrote a story, on top of juggling two news series. wha liau, new meaning to running around like headless chicken man.
Cham man.
Hope it gets better.