Working gal and Brocky bye byes
For three days, I was a working girl again. (hey, get your mind out of the gutter, *not that kind of working girl!* )
Some supes at the paper back home were nice enough to save me from my boredom-driven insanity and sent me to Chicago for a Motorola conference.
They unveiled new phones; had some announcements, and it was pretty busy.
But it was nice to feel as if I were back in swing of things again: Staying up late to file, cursing fluently in Hokkien at the lousy connection in the hotel room...
Arti's baby cousin - okay, okay, he can probably pick me up and hurl me across the room if he wanted to... he's 23 and very well built - Uday and his friends, Priti and Mike were nice enough to bring me out for a drink... or five.
Couldn't drink Uday under the table: My excuse is that I had to work that night AND he does have the benefit of Sindhi and Punjabi genes! How to match???
But sad news too: Brock is going home to his original owner. They had let him out and so he got lost, got picked up, was almost euthanised, got saved by the shelter calling me and asking if I could home him for a while and now... the paper trail has led them back to us.
Good for him, but that little boy has wormed his way into my heart. I will miss him.
Many mornings, he will jump up into bed, sit on your chest and start kneading your face.
Or he'll peer into your sleep-crumpled features and touch his cold nose against your lips.
His favourite activity is to plonk down into your lap while you type and purr like a freight train.
Or yeowl until you start playing catching with him.
He goes back tomorrow.


To my baby Brock. It was great you came into my life. I will miss ya, have a good life buddy.
Some supes at the paper back home were nice enough to save me from my boredom-driven insanity and sent me to Chicago for a Motorola conference.
They unveiled new phones; had some announcements, and it was pretty busy.
But it was nice to feel as if I were back in swing of things again: Staying up late to file, cursing fluently in Hokkien at the lousy connection in the hotel room...
Arti's baby cousin - okay, okay, he can probably pick me up and hurl me across the room if he wanted to... he's 23 and very well built - Uday and his friends, Priti and Mike were nice enough to bring me out for a drink... or five.
Couldn't drink Uday under the table: My excuse is that I had to work that night AND he does have the benefit of Sindhi and Punjabi genes! How to match???
But sad news too: Brock is going home to his original owner. They had let him out and so he got lost, got picked up, was almost euthanised, got saved by the shelter calling me and asking if I could home him for a while and now... the paper trail has led them back to us.
Good for him, but that little boy has wormed his way into my heart. I will miss him.
Many mornings, he will jump up into bed, sit on your chest and start kneading your face.
Or he'll peer into your sleep-crumpled features and touch his cold nose against your lips.
His favourite activity is to plonk down into your lap while you type and purr like a freight train.
Or yeowl until you start playing catching with him.
He goes back tomorrow.


To my baby Brock. It was great you came into my life. I will miss ya, have a good life buddy.
Sigh, such a sweet face!! He sounds like a very affectionate moggie, which is a lot more than I can say about N!!!
YP
Posted by
AmyC |
21:11