Am I crazy?
So, a good friend and colleague from home was aghast when I said that I couldn't wait to go home to work...
Was I mad? Did the Minnesota Winter burn all the sense from my brain?
I'd have to say, actually, Yes. Winter was bloody awful, I was depressed and stuck at home with a bum hip, that must have done something to my pysche. Prolly a lot weirder and pyscho now (cue dramatic Bates Motel soundtrack music)...
But, really, why do I want to go back to WORK? Well, I miss the independence that work offers me, a lot of your self image and ego I realise, is tied up with what you (try to) achieve in your career - well, in my case anyway. I hate to say it, but I miss the thrill of the hunt, and despite the intense deadlines, or maybe it is in spite of it - because the newsroom does become a pretty lean machine when something big happens and we all have to pitch in to cover it - it is a place where people do bond. And gosh, I miss the people at work.
Yup, there you have it. Why I want to go back to work (yes, that four-letter word). Cause I miss the hanging out with my pals in the newsroom; I miss earning my own money, I miss having nice lunches (whoohoo), I miss buying coffee in the am from Spinellis to wake up from my stupor, I miss the late night bitch sessions....
Hahah. Two weeks into work, and I will probably totally regret feeling like this now.
N
Was I mad? Did the Minnesota Winter burn all the sense from my brain?
I'd have to say, actually, Yes. Winter was bloody awful, I was depressed and stuck at home with a bum hip, that must have done something to my pysche. Prolly a lot weirder and pyscho now (cue dramatic Bates Motel soundtrack music)...
But, really, why do I want to go back to WORK? Well, I miss the independence that work offers me, a lot of your self image and ego I realise, is tied up with what you (try to) achieve in your career - well, in my case anyway. I hate to say it, but I miss the thrill of the hunt, and despite the intense deadlines, or maybe it is in spite of it - because the newsroom does become a pretty lean machine when something big happens and we all have to pitch in to cover it - it is a place where people do bond. And gosh, I miss the people at work.
Yup, there you have it. Why I want to go back to work (yes, that four-letter word). Cause I miss the hanging out with my pals in the newsroom; I miss earning my own money, I miss having nice lunches (whoohoo), I miss buying coffee in the am from Spinellis to wake up from my stupor, I miss the late night bitch sessions....
Hahah. Two weeks into work, and I will probably totally regret feeling like this now.
N
Two weeks?? Honey, I give you two days... hehe... You're a nutjob I swear... I'm starting work again tomorrow and am as excited as I would be getting a root canal. Bleah.
Posted by
TeamWilliams Shoots |
15:01