« Home | Blogus Interruptus » | Boutonnieres » | Quarrel Meter » | A Fortnight Full Of Activity » | ARgghhh » | Addendum » | A post of pictures » | Chock-a-block » | Update » | Stamp Duty » 

Tuesday, October 18 

Girls' Nite Out

I have just had a fantabulous night out. Essentially, three of us girls finished work pretttty late and so we decided... we needed a drink.
Afterall, two of us had been dealing with the casino control bill .... eughhhh.... you can read it at here (though frankly I wouldn't recommend it) and one of us had been dealing with radio (we have a radio news bulletin that goes out on this station ) so... it was obvious that we needed a pick me up.
So we came back to Coronation -- bought very expensive vodka, no its not premium, its just very expensive given the stupid liquor taxes here -- and got ourselves fairly merry.

The girls had a peek at the paper mache project and had a good laugh.

These will eventually be pigs. When I can get enough toilet rolls that is.... for the legs and snouts.
See. G WANTS an unusual gift box... not the usual box wrapped in pretty paper for the red packet gifts during the reception. He wants pigs. So guess who has to take up the slack and actually make them? Those are balloons covered in paper strips and starch. Tapioca Starch to be precise.
We tried looking for ready made ones...
snort.
Well, rather obviously, these pigs ain't available commercially. So we'll have to keep boiling that starch and keep up with the paper strips for a while. Not that we have that much time left.
Plus G has lost steam and only coated his balloon (its the bigger one) with ONE layer of paper ... grrr
Luckily, the girls have offered to help with the craft project.

Back to the girls' night out, we ended up at Judith's apartment trying out her stash of clothes. Geez! I haven't played dress up since I was a wee lass.

Let's just say it was tres fun!!!!

Now, I gotta crash. Early day tomorrow.

About me

  • I'm Nat
  • From Singapore, Singapore
  • Nat is 30-something and rediscovering life and Gene works in the life-saving business. This is a blog about their random adventures through nat's eyes.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com