Oh the Humidity!
Hi folks.
Am back in Singapore. And my gawd, the humidity. euughghh. it's playing havoc with my hair which wants to curl up and die but my skin feels much better!
It was a tearful goodbye to Gene (well, for me anyway) at Minneapolis, and though the flight was good (great seat in B class) it was still hard to sleep without the requisite chemical helpers. The wine I consumed (copious amounts of Champagne and Bordeaux) helped a little, but managed about 5 to 6 hours sleep in the total 30-some hours travelling.
Its 3 am in the morning here (4 pm Rochester) and yes, my sleep cycle is screwed.
Today, went to this spanking new mall - Viviocity for lunch with Judith, and then I crashed for a while only to wake up to a gorgeous Buah Keluak dinner. Then at midnight, I get a call from my
pals at SPH and off I went for a pint!
Watta difference about 18,000 miles make!
Am happy but sad at the same time because I miss Gene - who incidently had KFC, then Hunan Wok Express for dinner in the two days I have been away.... hummm. Wish he had Rochy all tied up and done with so we'd be together again.
Rochesterites - I do miss you guys - Carrie, you be strong. Lynette - babe, miss our lunches already (!) Mei & Horng, thank you guys sossosoos much- TK, ET, George etc etc... guys, you are in my prayers and thoughts. TK and Kristin, will see you soon!
In the meantime, just a note to say that am back safe and gee, its been a good 20 hours so far.
Kisses
N
PS: You know its tropical when there are frogs croaking and cicadas going nuts outside your window.
PPS: My parents' stupid cat hisses at me now
Am back in Singapore. And my gawd, the humidity. euughghh. it's playing havoc with my hair which wants to curl up and die but my skin feels much better!
It was a tearful goodbye to Gene (well, for me anyway) at Minneapolis, and though the flight was good (great seat in B class) it was still hard to sleep without the requisite chemical helpers. The wine I consumed (copious amounts of Champagne and Bordeaux) helped a little, but managed about 5 to 6 hours sleep in the total 30-some hours travelling.
Its 3 am in the morning here (4 pm Rochester) and yes, my sleep cycle is screwed.
Today, went to this spanking new mall - Viviocity for lunch with Judith, and then I crashed for a while only to wake up to a gorgeous Buah Keluak dinner. Then at midnight, I get a call from my
pals at SPH and off I went for a pint!
Watta difference about 18,000 miles make!
Am happy but sad at the same time because I miss Gene - who incidently had KFC, then Hunan Wok Express for dinner in the two days I have been away.... hummm. Wish he had Rochy all tied up and done with so we'd be together again.
Rochesterites - I do miss you guys - Carrie, you be strong. Lynette - babe, miss our lunches already (!) Mei & Horng, thank you guys sossosoos much- TK, ET, George etc etc... guys, you are in my prayers and thoughts. TK and Kristin, will see you soon!
In the meantime, just a note to say that am back safe and gee, its been a good 20 hours so far.
Kisses
N
PS: You know its tropical when there are frogs croaking and cicadas going nuts outside your window.
PPS: My parents' stupid cat hisses at me now