lao liao!
Here's another footnote to the last post: On Saturday, G had his 10-year reunion of his medical school class of '97.
It was at Safra Mount Faber - the military has a lot of money to come up with such a swish, fancy schmancy clubhouse located right smack in the heartlands. Despite its name, its actually in Telok Blangah, not really Mount Faber...
Buffet style AND there was a magic show. I jest you not. We were way overdressed; some appeared in bermudas and polo shirts... but noooo, Dr Goh told me to wear "something black".
Sigh.
But why a magic show you ask? Think the young chap was there to entertain the multitudes of kiddies:
His classmates have produced many many, MANY kiddies in the decade since they left school.
One of his mates thought i was ... ahem... his medical officer. (ahem... G, what have you been up to? Others were completely shell shocked that Gene was actually married and yet others were wondering just how old I was - apparently G has rep from way back for dating young things.
I dunno whether to feel happy or insulted that Gene tried to save my honour by telling them that I was 33. Heeeello. Grrr. He just added two years to my age...
As weird as it was, I think Gene had a blast meeting up with the chaps again, and of course, after that we were off to the Bellini Room at St James Power Station... where i think eight or 10 people - people kept flitting back and forth from the various rooms - polished off two bottles of Glenlivet single malt and we were starting on the Chivas Regal when a concensus was called that we'd try to get into the Ministry of Sound instead.
But here's the weird part right? remember how I say that all these people I used to know in school are just reappearing like mushrooms? It happened again! I meet people who used to live in the same hall etc etc etc, of course, they are married to docs too... but think about it. There's no three degrees of separation between people here in Sg, try more like two or one!!
We finished up the night at 3, mainly because I was about completely zonked by then and my feet were killing me (wearing my 4 inch stilettos) and I had completely gone hoarse. But like good weekend warriors that we are; Sunday was fully packed as well.
Ran/Swam, shopped - splurged on Massimo Dutti, well actually, Gene splurged on me getting Massimo Dutti - drank a bottle of prosecco at Tanglin Village and had very satisfying yong tau foo for lunch and banana leaf Indian dinner (samy's curry - yah, they have a website! happening ah?)
Of course, by Sunday night, G knocked out by 930 pm. Hehe. Nowadays must account for age when we go chiong lah.
It was at Safra Mount Faber - the military has a lot of money to come up with such a swish, fancy schmancy clubhouse located right smack in the heartlands. Despite its name, its actually in Telok Blangah, not really Mount Faber...
Buffet style AND there was a magic show. I jest you not. We were way overdressed; some appeared in bermudas and polo shirts... but noooo, Dr Goh told me to wear "something black".
Sigh.
But why a magic show you ask? Think the young chap was there to entertain the multitudes of kiddies:
His classmates have produced many many, MANY kiddies in the decade since they left school.
One of his mates thought i was ... ahem... his medical officer. (ahem... G, what have you been up to? Others were completely shell shocked that Gene was actually married and yet others were wondering just how old I was - apparently G has rep from way back for dating young things.
I dunno whether to feel happy or insulted that Gene tried to save my honour by telling them that I was 33. Heeeello. Grrr. He just added two years to my age...
As weird as it was, I think Gene had a blast meeting up with the chaps again, and of course, after that we were off to the Bellini Room at St James Power Station... where i think eight or 10 people - people kept flitting back and forth from the various rooms - polished off two bottles of Glenlivet single malt and we were starting on the Chivas Regal when a concensus was called that we'd try to get into the Ministry of Sound instead.
But here's the weird part right? remember how I say that all these people I used to know in school are just reappearing like mushrooms? It happened again! I meet people who used to live in the same hall etc etc etc, of course, they are married to docs too... but think about it. There's no three degrees of separation between people here in Sg, try more like two or one!!
We finished up the night at 3, mainly because I was about completely zonked by then and my feet were killing me (wearing my 4 inch stilettos) and I had completely gone hoarse. But like good weekend warriors that we are; Sunday was fully packed as well.
Ran/Swam, shopped - splurged on Massimo Dutti, well actually, Gene splurged on me getting Massimo Dutti - drank a bottle of prosecco at Tanglin Village and had very satisfying yong tau foo for lunch and banana leaf Indian dinner (samy's curry - yah, they have a website! happening ah?)
Of course, by Sunday night, G knocked out by 930 pm. Hehe. Nowadays must account for age when we go chiong lah.